Boiler Operation / Electrical Troubleshooting
The overall objective of this two-day program is to make the attendee more knowledgeable about what a boiler is, how best to operate it, and how best to maintain it for optimal safety and efficiency. Understanding the boiler’s electrical circuitry is essential in keeping the boiler on line and reliable, potentially saving thousands of dollars annually in lost production due to untimed outages.
Who Should Attend:
This seminar is designed for boiler operators, maintenance personnel, building and facility engineers, and all persons who are supervising and/or responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting boilers.
BOILER OPERATION (8 hours)
- Simple thermodynamics: what is really going on inside the boiler
- The boiler and supporting accessories: the what, why, and how
- The boiler’s control scheme and component interaction
- Component identification on a shop floor boiler
- Best practices for proper boiler operation and maintenance
ELECTRICAL TROUBLESHOOTING (8 hours)
- Basic boiler functionality, with electrical emphasis
- The Burner Management System (BMS) and its sequence of operation
- Electrical circuitry and its relationship to the BMS
- Proper use of instruments: understanding what they are telling you
- Troubleshooting common boiler safety outages