The BDHR automatically controls the surface blowdown to maintain the desired level of total dissolved solids (TDS) in the boiler, reducing the amount of blowdown to a minimum. It also recovers the heat from the high-temperature blowdown and transfers it to the incoming cold makeup water, maximizing boiler efficiency.
The blowdown heat recovery systems will usually result in a payback in a few short months from fuel savings alone.
- Recovers 90% of heat normally lost
- Automatically controls surface blowdown flow to maintain desired concentration of dissolved solids within the boiler
- Compact size for convenient placement
- Transfers the blowdown heat to the makeup, thereby decreasing fuel costs; nearly 100% efficiency at all operating points
- Saves chemical costs by reducing blowdown