The lower section of the economizer recovers energy by preheating the boiler feedwater. The upper section preheats virtually any cool liquid stream (makeup water, wash water, hot water preheating, etc.), and the control system maximizes condensing when firing natural gas, then automatically switches to a near-condensing mode when firing #2 oil (if applicable).
The upper coil, lower coil, modulating valves, control system, and other system components are sized as a system to deliver the maximum possible cost savings.
- Separate upper and lower coils – allows heating of two completely separate liquid streams without cross-contamination
- Tube core assemblies are individually removable and made from 316 stainless steel tube with aluminum fins (Al-Fuse)
- 316 stainless steel exhaust gas bypass, interior shell, condensate drain, and transition connections
- Hinged, stainless steel access doors
- All gas side surfaces are 316 stainless steel to eliminate corrosion
- Condenses on natural gas only